Goals / Objectives
This treatment module contains information to allow the participants to better understand how their brain injury is related to impulsivity issues.
The primary goals of this week are to:
- Bring awareness to the consequences of impulsive behaviors
- Identify various situations where participants are at increased risk of behaving impulsively
- Provide psychoeducation on how impulsivity is related to brain injuries
- Practice skills for managing impulsivity
- Practice skills outside of class
TIME: Allow 1.5 hours for the session.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: A minimum of four participants is recommended.
HANDOUTS AND MATERIALS
WRITE ON BOARD
Write the schedule on the white board for reference for participants throughout the treatment group:
- Structure and topic
- Applied Practice Review
- Impulsivity and brain injury
- Mindfulness Break
- Group activity
- Reflection and Discussion